Wednesday, February 13, 2013

i forgot yesterday....

that I even had a blog....

Yesterday was quite a day, and no still no baby.  Mom came over Monday afternoon for me to help her make Valentine cards for most of her younger grand babies and great grand babies and older single ones.

I was busy with WOW Monday and she was really tired so we didn't start then, but Tuesday, that was a different story....

It started with us starting Valentines, then swimming, back home, lunch, then the fun began...47 Valentines later, we (Mom) cleaned up to some simulates of order and we got ready for Angie and her two, Alana and Grant, to come over so we could their Valentines for school. 

I had been working on Alana's Smarties candy butterflies after I had finished helping Mom.  We made a little over 50 Valentines with them (including the teacher).  I wish I had thought to take a picture of them...The kids worked hard and did a great job... For Grant's we did an elephant's head made with 3 lg. hearts and made the trunk out of Skittles put in our 1 by 12 in cello bags.  We cut them down and to 4 ins and put 7 or 8 Skittles in them.  I got the elephant idea from Vashti.  For Alana's I cut butterflies out with the Big Shot and covered the Smarties with black paper, then taped them in the middle of the butterfly and we put wiggly eyes on them..both turned out cute, but no pictures.....

But I do have a few more pictures of Barbara's cards to show you....
I guess these are more like holders..for candy or a little card insert.  Grant made one of these for his teacher, but he put yellow eyes on his because he said owl have yellow eyes....
These were made with a 3 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of paper scored in half at the 4 1/4 mark and then scored down the sides at 3/8.  You can find these at stampingpro.com.

This is another card made with our Big Shot Heart Framelits and some pretty DPS.

Well I have to babysit again today for Rachel to go to the doctor.  She may schedule an induction....
I do think we will have a baby sometime by this weekend. 

I hope to get a little nap this morning, since I've been awake since 1:30 am...if not, it's going to be a really long day..

Hope your day is as long or short as you want it.

Till next time, HS.

Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment