Thursday, May 17, 2012

good morning...

Nothing profound or anything, just good morning.

I hope you have a lovely day.  I have a class at 9:30 this morning, and sometime before 4:00 pm, I am planning on making a "Hello Kitty" graduation card for my grand daughter, Alana, who will be graduating from Kindergarten to night.

While you are waiting to see that card, here a card we are doing in class this week.
This really cool card was done using the Need for Speed stamp set, a set I had been meaning to get this stamp set for a long time, but just got around to it.  We used Basic Black and Real Red and Whisper White card stock.  The car was stamp in Stazon ink and colored with a Real Red marker.  The diamond brads are retired, but I still had quite a few and Sheri told me to just use them up, so I did.  You could also just use regular round ones, but these do look good.

Now for the "chrome"...
It looks a lot cooler in "real life".  I covered a piece of card stock with aluminum foil then ran it through the Hounds tooth embossing folder (thanks Barbara for letting me use yours)...and I must admit, it looks really good.
I did this similar technique with a different embossing folder, before we had this one, but when I was thinking of making this card, I got the idea of this metal look.

Well I shall be off for now. (what do you mean, I am always off?)

Hopefully my Hello Kitty card works out...if it does,  I'll show it to you soon.

Until then, HS,
Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment