Thursday, October 4, 2012

what a week......

talk about emotionally draining......

Some details I can't mention because of the serious nature of them....but wow what a week... I feel like I have lived 2 weeks in just 2 days.

Seems like everyone I know is having some real hard problems and situations..
But the phases of a song that keeps running though my head is..Does Jesus care, Oh yes He cares, He cares and He understands...When the days are dreay and I am weary, I know my Jesus cares.
I am so glad He does care and when it seems like we can't take any more, He's there to help lift our load when we take it to Him and trust Him to work out His will, maybe not our way, but His way...

My visit with my sister was wonderful and very eye opening.  She works at Echo Hills, and adult care facility for physically and mentally handicapped adults.  I wasn't there 5 minutes before I couldn't hold the tears back....They are so sweet and special.  I count it a privilege to stamp with them and visit with them.  Mom went too and we really enjoyed our selves.  It gave me a new appreciation for what my sister, Raeschell does and is doing to help others.

I took a camera to take pictures of what we made with them, but left it in my car, which I didn't have with me at the time, so no pictures, but they were very proud of what they did.

Here' s a picture though of a card...






I love this card..Barbara P got this in a swap she did at our down line meeting last month...and we are going to be doing this in class this month...

It uses the embossed resist technique, one I have used before.

Well I am off to wash my hair, them swimming, and going to Rachel's to help her work on a quilt she wants to make.. I am cutting out squares for her to sew with my Big Shot. (and you thought it was just to make cards with...)

Have a lovely day.

HS,
Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment