Monday, March 5, 2012

happy monday everyone....

and yes, I am glad it is Monday...Whew, what a weekend...

As I said I would and am finally doing a little somewhat not very good, but first, kind of tutorial for the pop up/pull up birthday cake card we did in class last month....

Start with a piece of 4 1/4 x 11 piece of card stock, that is the base.
Score at 3 1/2 x 8 3/4.
Next scallop the top edge of the smallest piece, add dot with white gel pen...

The measurements for the "happy Birthday" white piece is 3 1/8 x 1 1/4 and the frame around it is
3 1/4 x 1 3/8...color and tape to top.

You will use sticky strip to tape on either side and tape the bottom part up, forming a pocket.  You will complete the outside of the card before starting on the inside.

I had planned a more "picture" tutorial, but used up my samples for swaps for the Regional I went to in Columbus.....

Now for the cake inside...

You will need 3 pieces of paper for the "cake...



Sorry this is side ways...you will need to corner round the bottom two pieces, fold the top
1 1/2 x 1 1/2 piece in half and round the top folded piece.


attach these pieces to a 3 x 4 piece of card stock for support.  Remember to only glue down the top half of the top piece of the cake... Cut around the cake cutting out the shape.
Okay I realize I need to take some more pictures of the process...

If you came to class you have the sample, and can finish it...if not and you really want to know, why not comment or email me...

Not sure when I'll get the completed tutorial done...having a little physical difficulties at the moment...nothing serious, none the less making completing this post difficult.

I will work on making a pdf tutorial sometime in the next few weeks...

I have two workshops this month including one Saturday I have to get moving on, plus class, etc and so forth...nothter words, I got places to go, people to see, and cards to stamp...

Until next time,
HS,
Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment