Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Share.....

One of the SU girls, who's blog I frequent, has a Sunday Share time.  She shares videos and stuff different from the rest of the week.. I think that is a great idea since Sunday is the Lord's day...so when I get a chance, I will share my Sunday thoughts....

Today we aren't having dinner at our house, we are having it at our daughter, Angie's house.  We, our 3 children and their families, usually all have dinner together every Sunday.  Paul and Alicia don't always because of their heavy weeks and sometimes they just want to go home to rest.  Rachel (the first born) always makes everyone clean up after we eat so sometimes it takes longer to clean up after 13 instead of 2;0).  Anyway that means I have a few extra minutes this morning.....

Last week at our church we had a local IHC convention.  On Thursday morning Darrel Settler spoke on prayer, a subject I am always wanting to learn more in.... He  said he has been preaching a series of messages on the Lord's Prayer.  I took a few notes, (what I could with a two year old that had to go to the potty, etc..he was really good though...for a two year old:0).

The Lord's Prayer begins with Our Father.....
Real prayer begins with GOD...God's Perspective, becoming aware of God's view...in our failures, insecurities, problems and sin...
Our hope is from GOD! when we look at things they way He does it changes how we view them.

Hallowed be thy name.....
Praise, Reverence.
Give God his proper place.
Entering into prayer with the Gift of Praise.
Although our needs are pressing, and we want to just rush into his presence, the first words in our prayer should be about God...praise, adoration, reverence.

When I am praising I am loving God, not begging God and just wanting something from Him. 
A happy soul is a praising soul.
*Praise is our gift to God!!!
Praise changes our view of God.

There, of course was a lot more, but as I ponder these thoughts, I want to praise, worship and adore God more, better, always. I know I can never do it likes He deserves, but I will keep trying.

Patty, a good friend of my came up with this acronym for prayer.

P-praise
R- reverence
A-adoration
Y-yielding
E-expecting
R-receiving

Have a wonderful Sunday and blessing to all.
Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment