Friday, November 9, 2012

paper or plastic, wood or clear....

Actually I thought I'd address the pros and cons of wood verses clear mount stamps.

In some ways I like wood and some ways I like clear, so here are the pros and cons......

Pros for wood....they are more convenient when going somewhere...like when I go and stamp with
                           different groups, I can just pick up my box and go, I don't have to worry about
                           having enough acrylic blocks.
                       ....I don't have to worry about them falling off the block.

Pros for clear.....they are cheaper.
                     ......they take up less space.
                     ......it's easier to see where you are placing your stamp.

Cons for wood...they are more expensive.
                       ....take up more room.
                       ....harder to make sure they are straight.

Cons for clear...I have to make sure I have enough blocks for all the stamps I am using.
                      ....Sometimes you have to keep pulling off on on the stamps you are using on the same
                           block.
                      ....They fall off the blocks a lot unless you have some kind of adhesive on them.

Well that's just a few things...I guess you have to decide which you like best.  At first I thought clear, when they first came out, now I don't mind wood some.  I have been ordering a few more of those lately, especially depending on what I need them for.

Well how about a card?
I know it's not Christmas yet, but....

Happy Thanksgiving,

HS,
Wanda


                      

No comments:

Post a Comment