Wednesday, July 27, 2011

i know, i know, i know..i've been mia

I don't know why once I get behind, it's hard to get started again, but I'm back in the saddle again...
Speaking of saddles, last week was VBS and our theme was..Wanted by God...and The Wild West.
Since I came home from Canada I haven't hardly stopped. 
Got home late Sat night, Sunday church, dinner, family...Monday an unplanned trip to the chiropractor for Rachel, then a frantic panic to get ready for class on Tues. night, no samples made, no cutting done.
Tues thur Thurs, then again on Saturday classes. All the while tyring to plan and organize a surprise birthday thing for my friend and pastor's wife.
Early Saturday morning Paul (my son) text and say that his wife, Alicia, grandmother in Canada had just passes away, talk about cutting it close, God definitely lead us there just in time.
However with her passing, that meant another trip back to Canada for her and she was doing a big part of our VBS, so guess who got her job? that's right, me....
I picked up Rachel's 3 boys every morning and got to tell the Bible story, do the review game, be Wildcat Wilma, help lead singing and plan and do crafts (the crafts were only 2 days though, thank goodness).  Plus Wed night we got to do a VBS review complete with Wildcat Wilma. (thank goodness my hubby wasn't there, I embarrass him enough as it is).
Then my sister from MO, who was suppose to come on Monday night the 25th, says she will be here on Saturday night the 23rd.....talk about panic. Thankfully I have two wonderful daughter who help me lots, Angie (my youngest) came over Friday and helped me clean for company. whew...

This week has been busy as well, but I won't bore you or me any longer with details.  Monday night was our "Christmas Card" night, of course none of us worked on Christmas cards, but I did get my this months swap card figured out and as soon as I get through with this post, I am going to finish them so I can get them in the mail.
I will have lots of cards to show you, but haven't taken any pics as of yet.  So instead I'll show you some pics of a quilt I slept under in Canada. Alicia's grandma had made.  The pattern is just like one of the cards I had made and posted. I think it's Flower Garden or something like that.

I do plan to get back in the posting groove again.
Until next time,
HS,
Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment