Friday, July 24, 2009

A Tale of Two Cards













I have decided to try and make and post cards that I won't use in my classes, so as to give my stamping girls some other ideas beside what they have already made. I decided to use some of the many sketches that are out there. This weeks' sketch is from a group of sketches call Mojo Monday. It is a good place to start when your are not sure what you want to do. (of course even then it usually doesn't turn out like you planned, but it is a starting point:0)



This is the sketch that I started with. I had an idea to use a stamp set my Mom had and recently made her swap with, but the paper I wanted to use was retired and so I used To the Nines, but after I water colored it with my watercolor crayons, it was too busy, so I set the colored image aside and played around with it. After showing it to my 7 yr old "artist" grandson, he helped me to decide how I should finish it off. The stamp set I ended up using was Thoughts and Prayers on pg 52.














I still wanted to use my colored image so I did a second card. I stamped the words from the stamp set in rose red on rose red paper. I mounted the rose red on Sahara Sand then on chocolate chip. The image is stamped on Sahara Sand in basic brown and frame with chocolate chip. I used a chocolate chip taffeta ribbon and used rose red brads on either side of the sentiment. I used crystal effects on the rose, bird, instrument, and butterfly. I am not sure what I think about it. It's okay, but not wow. I will have to walk away from it for a while. This stamp set is Music Expressions on pg. 125.


Well there you are, hope you like them. Try a sketch some time and see what you can come up with. It's kind of fun.




Take and Happy Stamping.


Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment